New Optics Innovations to Meet the Growing Demand for Cloud, Hyperscale and Enterprise Data Centers, and 5G Mobile Infrastructure Networks
SAN DIEGO, March 12, 2018 – OFC 2018 – Luxtera, the global leader in silicon photonics, today announced multiple optics product and technology demonstrations to be shown this week at the 2018 Optical Networking and Communication Conference & Exhibition (OFC). The company will feature its latest advancements in 100G/λ technology, PAM4 signaling, extended reach, increased operating temperature range, liquid immersion cooling, increased density and photonic integration.
Customers can see these demonstrations in booth #2701 and Corporate Village Room #6609, located in the San Diego Convention Center, March 13-15, 2018. Demonstrations will include:
- IEEE802.3bs compliant 400G-DR4 technology platform demonstrating increased throughput and performance in Luxtera’s next generation products
- 30km, 50G-PAM4 single-lambda QSFP link demonstrating Luxtera’s extended reach capabilities with PAM4 signaling over duplex fiber
- 4x25G-LR QSFP28 modules running error-free at industrial temperature extremes (-40C and +85C) over 10km of SMF demonstrating increased operating temperature range and extended reach
- 100G-PSM4 QSFP28 module running error-free while fully immersed in liquid immersion coolant demonstrating why Luxtera silicon photonics transceivers are ideally suited for liquid immersion applications
- Production 2Tb 0.5RU switch with 32 x 100G-PSM4 ports using Luxtera’s 2x100G-PSM4 embedded optical module demonstrating Luxtera’s higher density products
- The evolution of optics: An example high-density integrated photonics+ASIC switch demonstration
- Advanced photonics wafers from the latest TSMC 300mm CMOS wafer foundry process demonstrating Luxtera’s new technology platform
“Luxtera is excited to showcase its latest technology innovations at OFC 2018. These innovations will further expand our product portfolio to address the growing demands of our data center and mobile infrastructure customers,” said Ron Horan, VP of Marketing for Luxtera. “As the trusted market leader in Silicon Photonics, Luxtera is well positioned to continue its mission of investing and innovating in the industry’s most advanced and integrated optics platform.”
Luxtera, Inc. is the world leader in silicon photonics. Silicon photonics refers to the use of a standard semiconductor wafer foundry to produce optical-electrical transceiver products which can move large amounts of data at high speeds and over long distances. Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, Luxtera was founded in 2001 and is led by a team of industry-renowned researchers and seasoned executives drawn from the communications and semiconductor
industries. Luxtera is backed with investment from NEA, August Capital, Sevin Rosen Funds, Lux Capital, and Industry Ventures. The company also has received significant strategic investment and project funding from some of the most successful corporate players in the networking, computing, and semiconductor industries. The company has invested over $250 million in silicon phonics R&D. Luxtera has over 197 worldwide patent filing, including 127 issued US patents, covering fundamental aspects of silicon photonics core technologies, system design, integration, and package assembly. Luxtera has one of the industry’s strongest IP portfolios.
Green Flash Media for Luxtera
Vice President, Marketing